Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Google Site

I was not sure what this assignment was since there was not an address on the assignment sheet, so this post is out of order. For this assignment I went to Google, and signed in to my account. I clicked the drop down menu for more and chose sites. I used a classroom template to set up a class web page. I had some difficulty changing and deleting existing information, but think I got the idea of creating a web page and how easy it can be. The problem lies in that a classroom website is not feasible for me because I work in the corrections setting. My students are not able to access the internet, and we have little contact with parents. To view my website click here, it was used using google.

The NETS standards this assignment covered were:
3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. Teachers:
a. demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations
b. collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation
c. communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats
d. model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging

This assignment hit on this standard perfectly, whether you created a class website, or an informational one it communicates information using digital media and format, and demonstrates that we as educators can transfer our knowledge to actually create something, not just discuss the importance of technology by verbally teaching how to use it with out showing its applicable uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment