Wednesday, April 21, 2010

podcast post #2

I could integrate my new found skill of podcasting in several ways. As I mentioned in the previous post I would like using it during independent work so students are constantly reinforced. The second way this could be used is if I were to be absent, instead of leaving generic work as teachers usually do for substitute teachers, I could have a podcast prepared and do as I would normally for my lessons. In my classroom, I could not use this as an assignment for the students to do. The reason is that because it is an institutional setting our students are very restricted when it comes to using the internet. If I could use it I would incorporate it into assignments such as essay writing, and have the students create a podcast of their essay and post online. How would I store and save my podcast to use within my classroom is save it as a .wav file in audacity and play straight from the computer using windows media player.
My podcast covered different grade level cso's because my classroom is made of multi-grade levels. The content standards are as follows:
M.O.G.3.16 derive and justify formulas for perimeter, area, surface area, and volume using nets and apply them to solve real world problems.
M.O.7.4.1 select and apply appropriate method to solve justify the method and the reasonableness of the solution, given a real world problem solving situation involving perimeter, circumference, area, surface area of prisms, volume of prisms and cylinders, distance and temperature.
M.O.7.4.3 convert units of measurement, linear, area and volume, within customary and metric systems.
M.O.8.3.6 make and test a conjecture concerning regular polygons, the cross section of a soch as a cylinder, cone, and pyramid, the intersection of two or more geometric figure in the plane and justify the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment